Welcome, North Carolina Audiologist
We are fortunate to practice in North Carolina, a state with a community of Audiologists whose level of expertise and range of practice is unmatched in the nation. It is time to develop an independent state academy with the inclusiveness, flexibility and focus to support that community. To that end we have established a new state academy, the North Carolina Audiology Association, Inc (NCAA). Our new association is now a registered entity, and is preparing to lead NC Audiology into the future.
How does the NCAA differ from NCSHLA/NC-AAA, AAA and/or ADA?
NCAA will be a state Audiology organization that is active and engaged in North Carolina.
NCAA will be an Audiology-only organization whose educational, lobbying, fundraising, and member engagement efforts will be solely dedicated to the interests of Audiologists.
What will NCAA do?
- Advocate for Audiologists in state legislative issues through professional lobbying and grassroots engagement. State law is the ultimate arbiter of hearing care issues in NC.
- Provide members with a voice within the leadership, support and educational branches of NCAA.
- Orchestrate the annual state conference and additional workshops, providing CEU opportunities
- Recognize its members for outstanding service.
- Offer member benefits through its website, to include a membership directory, job opportunities, legislative activities, newsletter, and other events and programs.
- Facilitate Audiologists’ networking as well as networking with other professional organizations.
- Provide growth and networking opportunities for audiology students and externs.
- Pool resources amongst Audiologists for more effective practice and engagement.
A state conference is the lifeblood of a professional association. Meeting once a year to grow together and build a cohesive body of Audiologists will make us effective in our state and beyond. A state conference is a critical way to:
- Provide high quality CEU sessions. Download our full schedule here!
- Engage Audiologists in face-to-face professional networking
- Plan and lead our organization and profession into the future
- Update on the latest technology available from manufacturers
- Engage students from all over the state in education, mentoring, and poster sessions
- Share resources with each other that will advance our respective practices
- Have a BLAST at the fun activities that we have planned!
We are pleased and excited to announce the the inaugural NCAA annual conference on October 4th and 5th, 2018 at the Raleigh Convention Center in Raleigh, NC! Learn more about our Annual Conference here.
This year’s conference is going to be one of the best ever seen in North Carolina. We encourage you to attend with as many of your professional colleagues as you can. The final speaker and activity slate is being developed, but rest assured that we will offer sessions that will engage ALL Audiologists. You will find presentations on both pediatrics and adults, diagnostics and hearing aids, and professional and practice development. There will be something for everyone, including students.