WELCOME, NORTH CAROLINA AUDIOLOGIST
We are fortunate to practice in North Carolina, a state with a community of Audiologists whose level of expertise and range of practice is unmatched in the nation. In 2017, we developed an independent state academy with the inclusiveness, flexibility and focus to support that community. The North Carolina Audiology Association, Inc (NCAA) hasn't stopped working for the enrichment of our members, patients and constituents since day one. Our dynamic and active association is leading NC Audiology into the future. Join us!
NCAA is an Audiology-only organization whose educational, lobbying, fundraising, and member engagement efforts will be solely dedicated to the interests of Audiologists.
- Advocate for Audiologists in state legislative issues through professional lobbying and grassroots engagement. State law is the ultimate arbiter of hearing care issues in NC.
- Provide members with a voice within the leadership, support and educational branches of NCAA.
- Orchestrate the annual state conference and additional workshops, providing CEU opportunities
- Recognize its members for outstanding service.
- Offer member benefits through its website, to include a membership directory, job opportunities, legislative activities, newsletter, and other events and programs.
- Facilitate Audiologists’ networking as well as networking with other professional organizations.
- Provide growth and networking opportunities for audiology students and externs.
- Pool resources amongst Audiologists for more effective practice and engagement.
2023/24 LEGISLATIVE ACHIEVEMENTS
NCAA members, your legislative efforts have made an incredible impact for North Carolinian Audiologists for decades to come! Heading into the 2023 legislative session our primary focus is, once again, passage of our “statutory update” legislation.
Need further evidence of the reach and impact of your membership?
NCAA was instrumental in North Carolina passing Interstate Compact language that allowed our state to be a “founding” member. Since that time the “Audiology and Speech Language Pathology” interstate compact has been enacted into law in 23 states.
A state conference is the lifeblood of a professional association. Meeting once a year to grow together and build a cohesive body of Audiologists will make us effective in our state and beyond.
Save the Date for the 2023 Conference at the McKimmon Center in Raleigh on November 10th.
A state conference is a critical way to:
- Provide high quality CEU sessions.
- Engage Audiologists in face-to-face professional networking
- Plan and lead our organization and profession into the future
- Update on the latest technology available from manufacturers
- Engage students from all over the state in education, mentoring, and poster session
- Share resources with each other that will advance our respective practices
- Have a BLAST at the fun activities that we have planned!